1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

question about aperture 2 trial ????

Discussion in 'Other Raw Processors' started by gilbo, Aug 23, 2008.

1. gilbo

gilbo

Feb 10, 2007
    Texas
    folks first off i have aperture now, if i want to download aperture2 (trial) will it download as if i dont have aperture or will download knowing i have aperture and replace some of the aperture files

2. scottb

scottb Guest

If I remember correctly, you need to rename your current version Aperture before installing the A2 trial. You'll have to create an A2 library to use during the trial period, because your A1 library isn't compatible in its current state.

If you decide to buy the upgrade, you can just feed the license code into the trial software to make it legitimate. At that point, you can upgrade your A1 library to work with A2.

3. mdirvin

mdirvin

Jan 30, 2007
    East TN
    Aperture 2 upgrade

If I remember correctly Aperture 2 trial creates its own library, then if you go ahead and upgrade you can import images from an earlier ver library. Apple did that so they would not be bombarded with e-mails by people that installed the trial version, then did not upgrade. I'm pretty sure ver 1.5 will not read a ver 2.0 library so they are not backward compatible.

You can have both versions installed on the same computer at the same time. Version 2 will not write over Ver 1.5 files.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2008
  4. JDann24

JDann24

Dec 15, 2007
    Garland, Texas
    Where did you get the aperture 2 trial. I've been looking on apple's web site and can't find a trial version. I would love to try it out before I buy it.

5. scottb

scottb Guest

6. JDann24

JDann24

Dec 15, 2007
    Garland, Texas
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.