Question About Beanie Babies...

you know, they're probably not worth anything, just taking up your valuable space.

why not throw them into the viking stove and i'll be over to take it all off your hands? :Whistle: :Wink:

p.s. my wife has three boxes full of beanie babies in the garage all shrink-wrapped in protective plastic!

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife had over a hundred of these things. When I looked on ebay it was clear it was going to be a waste of time/energy to sell them.

So, we packed them all up and donated them all to the Connecticut Children's Hospital, hopefully to bring a little happiness to some of the children there.

i can remember knowing the names of every one of them
buying every single one that came out
and knowing their birthdays

seems like a lifetime ago

webkinz are hot, now

Seneca, Not sure how old your son is? But, I know my kids class are always looking for items for the treasure box. If you choose not to sell them. Or donate them to a Women/children's shelter.

I think you are all right...not worth much. I will be taking them to Texas Children's Hospital next weekend. Thanks for all the great advice.

Sen

I'll tell you this story involving an incident that happened to me about a dozen years ago at the height of the Beanie Baby fad. At that time collectors were driving up the prices to insane levels for these silly toys.

One day I had to shoot an executive portrait for a woman employed by an international corporation. I am sure most of you have heard of this company. Let's just say they were very popular in the days of green screen terminals and they had an Asian founder.

The company had recently won a major multi-year government contract, which this woman had helped to arrange. She greeted me warmly when I arrived at her office. To my astonishment she had two long rectangular shelves filled with Beanie Babies along one wall of the office. Under normal circumstances these shelves would be filled with three-ring binders and other office documents. There were few such items in her office. It was actually embarassing to see it.

She immediately used the opportunity to give me a tour of the toys, telling me how much each one was worth. She had paid only a few dollars for each one, yet some of them were worth $400. The highest valued Beanie Baby was worth $1,200 to collectors, she informed me.

I asked her if she was planning to sell them. She told me no, that she would never do that. The toys were too valuable to her.

How much do you think they are worth now? :biggrin:

Latest threads

Top Bottom