1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Question about D3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fishnbanjo, Aug 5, 2009.

1. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Aug 4, 2009
    southern ME
    Hello all,
    Just purchased a brand new D3 and while working the Custom Menu and Shooting Menu I noticed the LCD would go black if I was reading my notes to make a change, i.e. idle time about 15 seconds. I don't recall my D2x doing this and when I checked my D3x it takes at least 1 minute of idle time for it to do it. Is this normal? I can't find any settings allowing me to change the idle time nor do I recall having done so in either the D2x or D3x, thanks for any suggestions, OBTW the battery is 100% and freshly charged too.

2. menos

menos

Nov 11, 2008
    Shanghai
    check setting C4

You can set the monitor idle time to something useful there ;-)

3. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Aug 4, 2009
    southern ME
    Duh ...... Thanks, never used C4, I guess buying the D2x and D3x previously used their owners set them for 1 minute and now the D3 is too......

4. menos

menos

Nov 11, 2008
    Shanghai
    D3x on the used market already?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.