Question about IR Conversions

I hope that it is Ok to ask a question here ? I am contemplating converting my D70 to IR with Life Pixel. I was just curious about two of the conversion types and any thoughts on each.

Standard or Enhanced ?

Thanks,

Matt.

Howdy Matt,

It's been interesting seeing Joe's enhanced version from Lifepixel, it sure rendered some very neat and interesting colors.

Louie's shots are from the R72 IR Filter look to them,

There is also one for B&W to just throw another option in<G>.

I have the R72 Version and it seems to flow pretty easily from Colorized to B&W depending on post processing. I am not sure if you would like some B&W's how the enhanced version will post process for that.

I do have to say I have gotten hooked on shooting IR. I seem to shoot more IR these days than I do color images on my D200<G> so be wary, it's addictive.

I will be interested in seeing what everyone else's thoughts are on this.

The problem with trying to make an intelligent comment on this thread is that I doubt few if any of us have both types of converted camera. I have the standard conversion and like it. It is a simple matter to convert my IR images to B&W when I want to and also to "enhance" my shots in post processing. If you got a B&W conversion you can not go back to color should you want that. For the enhanced conversion it may save you some time in post processing but then again, you may not want everything enhanced. I personally would like to try the enhanced conversion just to see what I thought about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks

Thanks both of you for the replies. I think I would rather have the "standard" IR conversion and perform any enhancments myself.

I will have to ponder this one for awhile.

Matt.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom