Question about LCD?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Gilles, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Do you think there are loupe (magnifier) to look negatives that would fit over the LCD of the D2X, i have seen Schneider have some loupe with very little magnification but with side of loupe that seem opaque. Has anyone thy one?

2. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Isn't the zoom function more useful to check sharpness?

3. John the reason i would use one of those things is mainly to isolate the screen from the light. I find it very difficult in bright light to see the LCD when it's not the light surrounding it's the reflection from my shirt that make the contrast of that screen very low.

4. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
  5. John what i like about the magnifier shape is that it's the same that I had on the Hasselblad (what Ansel Adams in his book "The Camera" called the "chimney viewfinder" which i like very much and there seem to be some that are the same size as the LCD those would block all outside light, which i doubt the Hoodman would do.

Here's a link to that loupe, the side might not be opaque but that can be taken care of.

http://www.schneideroptics.com/loupes/7_x_7_cm/

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    If you're a chronic chimper, the Hoodman blows

I have one, and you have to open it to chimp, then close it back down again to shoot some more. Hard to do with one hand too. If you don't close it back down, you'll whack the bridge of your nose on it. Been there, done that, many, many timers. Took it off the 1st day, threw it in the drawer. It blows for my usage.

7. Steve, i have had the link to that loupe, I should go in a store who carry that product and try it on the D2X to see if it would be good.

8. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Re: If you're a chronic chimper, the Hoodman blows

I agree. It didn't even help that much in bright sunlight.

9. I found that the screen in the Hoodman was too reflective and often made things worse in bright light.

So I pulled the clear screen off.

Still ended up too much hassle to use and took it off.