1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Question about Lincoln Field (Philly)

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by dgcrane, Sep 10, 2008.

1. First off, let me say that I am totally not a sports fan.

That being said, I am heading to Philly next weekend from Ottawa, Canada with 10 buddies for an NFL game. I was thinking that it may be fun to take a big lens (300mm f2.8) to try and get some photos, but we have standing room tickets and never experiencing a game before I am nervous that I may be overwhelmed with people. Should I bother or will it be too much hassle and worry being in the general standing section ?

Thanks for any thoughts or advice.
    Darren C
    dgcrane

2. If you have never experienced Philly fans, then leave your stuff at home and enjoy the game. Pretty sure that you wouldn't be allowed in with a 300mm anyway, although I could be wrong.

Gary

3. Could you elaborate as to what Philly fans are like ? Sounds fun :) 

Darren

4. Pretty rabid about their sports.

They threw snowballs at Santa Claus.

Gary

5. oh... I hope they like Canadians at least :) 

6. Probably fairly safe for football, Hockey might be another story! lol

7. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

check with the stadium first ... if you dont have creds i dont think they will let you take in your gear

8. I looked online and it says that still cameras are fine as long as its in a bag < 12" x 12" X 12", which means I would be out of luck with the new D90 I guess :) 

9. I have taken my D2x and 300 2.8 to several eagles games, the camera bag has to fit in a cutout they have, go to the fields web site an look for dimensions Keep the lens and the camera seperate in the bag my d2x and 300 2.8 fit just fit but fit

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.