Question about memory upgrades in MBP 16in

I am seriously looking at getting the new 16 inch MBP with my tax refund. But I think the price of 32 gb of memory vs. 16 is just a bit more than I can get my wife to agree to. I am looking at the Costco version: I9, 1tb drive, 16 gb memory.

I am sure I could try and find this on their website, but does anyone know off hand: when I want to upgrade my 16 mb of memory to 32, will I just pop in a 16 gb stick? Is there an empty slot? Or will I have to buy a 32 gb stick?

Yes, I too was interested in this laptop.
I started to look for Windows based alternatives and it tends to be the same with most ultralight laptops.
The memory is not upgradeable.
It seems that where Apple leads, others follow very quicky.

Last edited:
are you looking at running any memory intensive applications? 16gb is the new bare minimum, but it can still handle most of what people will throw at it.

Let's put it this way, if you can go 32gb, go ahead. But if that's holding you back, I wouldn't hesitate to get 16gb.

My work 2017 mbp is only 16gb and my personal 2012 mbp is only 16gb and I run a lot more than photoshop & lightroom...you'll be just fine.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom