Question about NX install on new Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by gvk, Aug 5, 2007.

1. gvk

gvk

Jun 17, 2005
    Mystic, CT
    I finally took the first step towards Apple and got a new MacBook Pro on Friday. Thanks to all who made suggestions and answered my questions about moving to a mac, software upgrades, etc. a month or two ago.

I am still waiting for CS3, so to get started I downloaded Capture NX. When the download completed, I got a warning that the disk image may be corrupt and did I still want to continue (I downloaded NX twice and got the same message both times). Of course, I answered no, so NX did not install. Is this the Apple version of the Microsoft disclaimer that they did not approve this software and to proceed at my own risk? Or do I really have a corrupted version of the NX installer?

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. gvk

gvk

Jun 17, 2005
    Mystic, CT
    Well, problem solved! I finally double clicked on the .dmg file to start the NX install, and it completed successfully. I entered my NX licence # when I first started the program, and am happily editing NEF files considerably faster than on my old laptop.

I have been using PCs and Windows for so long that there I know what warnings and errors I can safely ignore, and those that I have to pay attention to. I am a neophyte with the mac and OSX, but I feel right at home after opening a terminal to issue *ix commands. :smile: