Question about reviewing photos

How do you have your Z6/Z7 set up for reviewing photos? I noticed that photo reviewing is turned off by default. Do you leave it off and only review by pressing the play button, or do you have the review show up on either the monitor or viewfinder? I went out on my first shoot last night and was surprised when the photos did not automatically come up for review. I realize that there will probably be as many opinions about this as there are people who reply, but I am just curious to find out what works for you.

I leave it off as I seldom review pics on location. It is off by default because otherwise the battery would drain too fast.

I switch around, depending on the circumstances. If I am shooting sports, automatic review is off. Most often, I'm shooting continuously and don't need to see individual images. At concerts and stage performances, I turn off the LCD monitor entirely to avoid bothering other people, and have automatic review off. I do all my picture review and menu stuff through the EVF. If I am out shooting casually, sometimes under difficult conditions (but not using continuous shooting), I turn on automatic review so I can glance at what I just shot without needing to press the Playback button. I happen to use several different cameras and the Playback button is in different locations on many of them, so it saves time from not having to "hunt" or remember where PB is on that particular camera. I've got the Z7 and had the Z6 until today, and I really liked that their bodies were identical.

I switch around, depending on the circumstances. If I am shooting sports, automatic review is off. Most often, I'm shooting continuously and don't need to see individual images. At concerts and stage performances, I turn off the LCD monitor entirely to avoid bothering other people, and have automatic review off. I do all my picture review and menu stuff through the EVF. If I am out shooting casually, sometimes under difficult conditions (but not using continuous shooting), I turn on automatic review so I can glance at what I just shot without needing to press the Playback button. I happen to use several different cameras and the Playback button is in different locations on many of them, so it saves time from not having to "hunt" or remember where PB is on that particular camera. I've got the Z7 and had the Z6 until today, and I really liked that their bodies were identical.
Thank you, David!!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom