Question About Smugmug Renewal

Last year, a few months after renewing at the "Pro" level (for $150), I downgraded my Smugmug Account to "Power" ($60 a year). At the time, Smugmug would not refund the difference (ie - send a credit to my credit card). Instead, they said that they would keep the unused balance in my Smugmug account - So, in effect I have a pre-paid balance to be applied to my next renewal.

Well, my next renewal is coming up in early August, and I want to check on what my balance is. (It should be in the neighborhood of $75, which would cover another year at the "Power" level.) Can anyone tell me how/where to check my account balance? I've gone to My Account/Subscription, but don't see any way to look up my balance.

BTW - Smugmug also won't allow me to remove my credit card number under "Subscription". -- Real nice! (NOT!) I want to prevent them charging my credit card for the next year, instead of taking the funds out of my account balance.

Thanks!

talk to your credit card company to prevent "automatic subscription" charges. I've had to do this before, worked every time.

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
Bert, did you email the SM Support about this? They're usually really good about giving you the info you need. I tried to look up how to see your balance, but didn't find it on my own account.

What I did Bert was go in to modify my CC information. I changed the date of expiration. I never tried to change the CC number. But the date it will let you do easily. Then you will get an email saying you need to update the info to renew. I have several reasons I left SM, which I will not go into.

Interestingly, I think I did exactly the same thing as Bert once, then did the same thing as Dennis when I left, for various reasons, not relating to credit or the overall service. My reasoning was unique to me somewhat maybe, it was more an accumulation of things.

Dennis, did you know you still have SM in your signature? IF you left, unless you went back...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What I did Bert was go in to modify my CC information. I changed the date of expiration. I never tried to change the CC number. But the date it will let you do easily. Then you will get an email saying you need to update the info to renew. I have several reasons I left SM, which I will not go into.
Excellent idea, Dennis! Actually, they shouldn't have to e-mail me to update my info to rener, as I have a balance in my Smugmug account that will cover it. But, I bet that they contact me anyway!

I understand why you left (without going into your specific reasons). I wanted to last year - but they're holding me hostage as long as they don't refund my balance! :mad:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Don't you have an email indicating the balance from last August? Or something indicating there was a credit balance? If you have a question about your account, talk to SmugMug.....

I've found them very helpful and reply pretty promptly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't you have an email indicating the balance from last August? Or something indicating there was a credit balance? If you have a question about your account, talk to SmugMug.....

I've found them very helpful and reply pretty promptly.
Well, no -- I lost that e-mail. :redface:

However, I just contacted Smugmug and got a response saying that the way to check your balance is: Tools>Account Settings>Stats>Referrals>Details

That worked for me.

Thanks!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom