Question about the D2X and battery

K

Ken-L

I saw a post recently by a D2X user that apparently the battery door opened and the battery fell out.

On my D200 and D70, when you open the battery compartment door the battery will slide out about a half-inch, but then you have to grip it firmly and pull it out of the camera.

Is the D2X different? Does the battery slide right out when the door is opened?

The D2X is different. You pull a latch away from the body then rotate it, which unlocks the battery door.

Pull straight; out slides the very long and heavy battery smooth as glass, attached to the battery door, unlike the D100, D70, D70s, and D200.

Hint: on these, a gentle shake is easier (for me) than gripping the battery firmly and pulling it out, once the battery door is open.

K

Ken-L

gadgetguy11 said:
.... Hint: on these, a gentle shake is easier (for me) than gripping the battery firmly and pulling it out, once the battery door is open.

I could never get myself to shake the battery out.... Reminds me of how, in the movies, someone flicks a revolver to open and close the cylinder of a revolver. In real life that can ruin the alignment of the cylinder to the barrel and is a BIG no-no!

With my luck I would give the camera a firm "shake" to get the battery to drop and I would drop the entire camera! Eeeek! :eek:

I always have a quality camera strap around my neck first - and the shake is very light, and just in the direction you want the battery to move.

The key is to catch the battery as it sails out!:eek:

Latest threads

Top Bottom