1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

question for Aperture users...

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by cwilt, Jul 6, 2008.

1. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I am doing some experimenting and came across something that Aperture can't seem to do. Is there a way, a work around, or plugin, that allows text to be printed on a photo? For example, to place my photography business name in the corner and fade it? LR can do it, and I have been doing it in PS for a while.

Can it be done?

2. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    Search for the "Border FX"plugin. It works great!

3. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I will look into it but I thought it was only for exports, not printing.

4. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    Export it then print it

5. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Exporting and then printing defeats the purpose of my experiments.

I understand it can be done by creating a custom book but that the opacity of that text can't be changed. Seems silly to advertise Aperture as a professional program and leave something as simple and useful as this out.

6. Make a transparent gif and Aperture can place it in the photo. I believe this also requires the image to be exported before printing also. I don't print any of my photos myself so I have not experimented with this.

7. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thanks Larry, but it still defeats my purpose.

Is there no way to do it and print from within Aperture?

I am looking for the most convient way to setup and print package orders, but I also must have control over the text. I want my business name seen but not distract from the image.

8. I suppose one could use an external editing program like CS3 or PSE to add the copyright and then print it from within Aperture. This would be similar to using a plug-in when one becomes available to do this. Unfortunately it does require additional HD space for the Version I believe.

9. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Its not the room that I have a problem with, but the time. I would have to duplicate, crop for each size, export for each size, and watermark for each.:eek: 

10. Alan.Tran

Alan.Tran

Jun 5, 2008
    California
    No, you will need to export first then print.

11. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Thank you. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss something before I removed Aperture from my system again because of its lack of tools.

12. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Lack of tools? Just because it doesn't do something that you want doesn't mean that it lacks tools.

13. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    No need to be defensive. It simply lacks a tool that I require and its not the only one that doesn't have it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.