Question for PS CSn folks

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by crashmeister, Aug 7, 2008.

1. What I want to know is whether it is possible (in any version of Photoshop) to save your work and then when you reopen the file, go back to a specific step, and modify that step.

Thanks,

2. BarkisPhoto

BarkisPhoto

Jul 20, 2007
    New England
    Hi, Craig -- do you use layers? If so, when you save your work and come back to it later, you can go back to a particular layer and re-adjust many of the things you did there. Or, if you wish, delete the layer and start over with that imgae modification on a fresh layer -- all without modifying the original image contained in the background layer. [On the other hand, had you not used layers, any modifications you made to the image are destructive. i.e., the original image has been changed.]

If you don't use layers today, why not investigate some of the tutorials available that illustrate their use?

This is an interesting area and I suspect others will chime in with similar suggestions.

Best Regards,

3. John, thanks for the reply. Don't layers take up huge amounts of disk space ?

I seem to recall trying layers and the resulting files were 100Mb+, but I could be wrong.

4. BarkisPhoto

BarkisPhoto

Jul 20, 2007
    New England
    Hi, Craig -- alas, that's the price you pay: layers == larger files. However, for critical work you probably will find this is the best way to go w/PhotoShop. As always, YMMV. A lot depends on what you are doing with a particular image: sometimes a few quick 'tweaks' is all you need and you may find layers are overkill.

Good thing disk drives are getting cheaper, eh?

Best Regards,:biggrin: