Question for the PP gurus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkGT, Jul 2, 2007.

1. DarkGT

DarkGT

May 27, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I am not quite sure how to phrase this question... If I have an image open at full 10.2 MP , I want to see what part of the full size image would fit on an 8x10 or 4x6 canvas size. Sometimes when you re-size the image the dimensions get funky if you constrain the dimensions to maintain the proper scale and not distort the image. When this happens, sometimes the image won't retain the proper dimension ratio to make a good 4x6 or 8x10. It will come out to 4x7.2 or something like that. I have tried to resize the canvas and just move the background around in it until I have what I want framed but it always crops the image when I do this. What am I doing wrong? Forgive me if I haven't been clear in my description of the problem...

2. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    If you are using photoshop just input your dimensions in your crop tool to see what part of your image would fit in a set dimension

[​IMG]

Regards

RFC

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2007
  3. DarkGT

DarkGT

May 27, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I am a bit embarassed to say this but I am still running CS 7.0 :) Will it work the same way? I haven't been home to try it yet... Thanks!

4. jcovert

jcovert Guest

An old, easy way is to open 2 documents..your picture, and another blank document that is say 4x6@300dpi. Then go to your picture, select all, copy, and go back to the blank document and paste. It will make new layer that you can move around to get just right. When you're ready, then flatten the image.

(not elegant, but it works fine!)