Question for those of you in/near Boston

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cleo68, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    How long does it take you to get orders from B&H in Boston? I lived there a long time, then lived in NJ (only took a day there). Just curious. Thanks.

2. If I order by 3 or 4 PM, I generally have it in 1-2 days, w/ standard UPS shipping. It comes out of their Brooklyn warehouse I believe. I'm about 25 miles west of Boston (so closer to Brooklyn), but don't think that would it make a huge diff.

3. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    Did you mean Brookline?

4. He means that 25 miles west of Boston is closer to Brooklyn than Boston.

I would say it depends how far the UPS shipping center is in relation to you.

When I lived in Chestnut Hill, it would sometimes take an extra day to receive a package.

UPS ground shouldn't take more than 3 business days from New York to Boston. (but it could)

5. Yes, thanks Dan...I'm also the next town (Ashland, MA)over from a truck dispatch/distribution point and, 2 towns over from a major regional hub (Shrewsbury, MA). So all those factors probably contribute.

6. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    Oh my God. I lived in Ashland from 2000 to 2005!! I had both my kids at Framingham Union Hospital. Small friggin world.

7. Allan

Allan

Apr 21, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Back in the 80s and 90s I ran through Ashland once a year.

Generally B&H takes 2 days if ordered before 3 or 4.

8. I'm about 50 miles south of Boston and my B&H orders have never taken more than two days to arrive.

9. I did too (FUH), and we currently live in Holliston. :smile: As Chris said, generally 1-2 days with standard UPS ground.

10. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    Been said, in fact I once ordered 2 day air and it took longer than standard UPS normally does from there.