1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Question for those of you in/near Boston

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cleo68, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    How long does it take you to get orders from B&H in Boston? I lived there a long time, then lived in NJ (only took a day there). Just curious. Thanks.

2. If I order by 3 or 4 PM, I generally have it in 1-2 days, w/ standard UPS shipping. It comes out of their Brooklyn warehouse I believe. I'm about 25 miles west of Boston (so closer to Brooklyn), but don't think that would it make a huge diff.

3. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    Did you mean Brookline?

4. He means that 25 miles west of Boston is closer to Brooklyn than Boston.

I would say it depends how far the UPS shipping center is in relation to you.

When I lived in Chestnut Hill, it would sometimes take an extra day to receive a package.

UPS ground shouldn't take more than 3 business days from New York to Boston. (but it could)

5. Yes, thanks Dan...I'm also the next town (Ashland, MA)over from a truck dispatch/distribution point and, 2 towns over from a major regional hub (Shrewsbury, MA). So all those factors probably contribute.

6. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    Oh my God. I lived in Ashland from 2000 to 2005!! I had both my kids at Framingham Union Hospital. Small friggin world.

7. Back in the 80s and 90s I ran through Ashland once a year.

Generally B&H takes 2 days if ordered before 3 or 4.

8. I'm about 50 miles south of Boston and my B&H orders have never taken more than two days to arrive.

9. I did too (FUH), and we currently live in Holliston. :smile: As Chris said, generally 1-2 days with standard UPS ground.

10. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    Been said, in fact I once ordered 2 day air and it took longer than standard UPS normally does from there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.