1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Question for those of you who have the Cotton Carrier

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by John D, Apr 15, 2019.

1. I'm thinking about buying a Cotton Carrier. So I would like owners give me their opinion of it.

Do you use the Cotton Carrier regularly or is it one of those gadget you used a couple of times then put it in the back in the box and store it.

Thanks in advance, John.

2. I usually use the Black Rapid system. The Cotton Carrier system is used when I'm doing a lot of heavy activity like hiking where some climbing is involved or I have to do a lot of running back and forth between sites. Example, there are some sporting events that have different stations and I need to trek between them. I've also shot some events that had a couple crows nests and I needed to climb up the ladder to get into position.

Having the cotton carrier kept the system I was using from swinging about and banging into things.

Is Cotton Carrier my main system? No, but it does fill a niche when I need it and I'm glad I have it for those times.

3. I bought one two months ago and used it a few times. I think it would fit when I am on a walk. Today I could have used it but thought it might rain so I used a black rapids strap, thinking it would be easier to use to keep the camera and lens dry.
    With a D850 and a 500 pf it was certainly easier on my back than a strap.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.