Question for those with 15' Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by stayathomedad, Jul 28, 2008.

1. stayathomedad

stayathomedad

Mar 11, 2008
    Alaska
    Do you find your screen real estate to be enough?

1440x900 seems a bit small to me to justify the upgrade...

2. Alan.Tran

Alan.Tran

Jun 5, 2008
    California
    If you're worried about real estate and want a laptop, maybe use the laptop in conjunction with an external display.

3. stayathomedad

stayathomedad

Mar 11, 2008
    Alaska
    But an external display will be maxed out at 1440x900... which is the same res as the laptop's screen...

4. jaysinnva

jaysinnva

Nov 1, 2007
    Virginia
    For my needs it works great. I have the current 2.4ghz Penryn model with 4GB of RAM. Sure, I wouldn't mind an external monitor sometimes, but I never feel like I need one. The full-screen mode in Aperture helps as well.

Honestly, it's the best laptop I've ever used.

It also depends on what you're upgrading from. I upgraded from a 12" PowerBook G4, a big different for me.

5. Only if you turn on "mirroring", otherwise the displays can run at different resolutions. For example on my MacBook, my internal display is running at 1280x800, while my external (running simultaneously) is currently at 1680x1050.

6. I think mine is perfect...

7. I had my 15" macbook pro hooked up to a 30" apple cinema display for about a year.

Then i purchased a mac pro and have been running the cinema display off of it.

Now editing pics on my 15" laptop sucks because I'm used to the 30" monster.