Question for you interweb experts!

B

Bill N

So when I'm doing some research on boats and motors(never signing up or giving my email address while doing this) and in the next days that follow I start receiving email from boat and motor web site.... how do they do that??? How do they connect my IP address to my email address?? why don't others in my family that share IP address but differing email addresses not get these boat and motor emails??? TIA

B

Bill N

Well, I have my slippers on the wrong feet. That works most of the time. I guess I should be happy that I don't seem to get the spam about improving certain things about myself that used to be so frequent years ago. My ISP must be doing a better job at screening!

I would've bet you were using Chrome. You got me on this one - I use Safari. Defenitely a little creepy and tinfoil hat worthy...

B

Bill N

I would've bet you were using Chrome. You got me on this one - I use Safari. Defenitely a little creepy and tinfoil hat worthy...

Been a FF user for years. I have always been pretty happy with it. I have an older version of IE just for updating my PC. I don't know if you can connect to MS update with FF, you couldn't years ago.

Install these add-ons to FF

AdBlock and Adblock extensions
No Script
Flashblock
Ghostery

Change your cookie handling to "Ask Every Time" for first party cookies and "block" third party cookies.

I don my "tinfoil hat" on the 'web too.

Ditto all of those add-ons. BTW, I also have one "junk" mail account that I do use for this purpose.

Latest threads

Top Bottom