Question for you; part 2................

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DAVE VAN, Jan 3, 2006.

1. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Thanks to all who replied to my other post. Here are the 7 photos that I was going to try and pick 3 from for entry in a local art/photo exhibition. Please let me know which three are your favorite or if I should keep on looking. :smile:

[​IMG]

54372755.perkins2small.

54372756.perkins3small.

54372826.perkins4small.

54372828.perkins5small.

54372837.perkins6small.

54372870.perkins7small.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    #1---I remember this shot! I loved it before and I still love it...it just feels like childhood.
    #5---The Tree and The Gate--Such strength in this one.
    #7--Sullen Stone Faces---The use of wide angle on this is perfect...I also like the B&W treatment here.

Those are my pics....curious to see how others respond :)

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I like the first one :>))))

4. Of all these, I think #1 has the best chance, perhaps if worked on a bit to take from being a nice straight color photo to an art photo by changing lighting and perhaps making all or part monochrome. The others look, to me, more like exercises in using a fisheye lens. IMHO. But of these, I like the next to last the best. The colorful kid is a point of interest. If you have time, I'd keep on working it first by brainstorming, and then determining which tool(s) you need to make it happen, i.e. let your vision and ideas drive the image.

5. Ales

Ales

Dec 29, 2005
    Kamnik, Slovenia
    Hi, I like first one very much.

On other images I don't like fisheye effect. Maybe on 3rd it is ok.

Ales

6. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

7. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the replies. :smile: I guess I'll just keep on working........only have 3 days left though. :confused:

8. I think the first one is really nice. The composition, the diagonal line, & the subject all work together. Nice work.

9. GMolotsky

GMolotsky Guest

Dave,
    I agree with most here that the 1st is the strongest. I also like the last of the fisheye (stone faces).
    Good luck with the contest and let us know how you make out.

Gregg

10. Baba

Baba Guest

If B/W and fisheye then the last one. Maybe you could shift the neutrals a little to the "dark side" - on my screen it looks a little too washed out for my taste.

11. Like many others have said, #1 is a pretty photo; however, it is not a contest winner in my opinion. Of the ones you have submitted for critique #7 would have the best chance of winning IMO.

12. I like #3, #4 and #7, maybe #5. #7 and #3 are my first two picks and you might try to recover some of the highlights in #7. I wouldn't give up on these.
    My wife Teri, who's artistic opinion I respect, picked #2, #5 and #4. We liked #2 when we cropped out some of the stuff at the bottom. In NC 4.4.0 I resized to 8" wide and cropped to 9.42" high starting at the very top.
    How's that? two for the price of one. I saw some of these the first time you posted them and liked them then. JOHOs.

13. #1 is nice, but lacks something to be an entry... perhaps composition with the girl more to the left.
    IMO your shot at a winner from this lot is the last one followed maybe by the colorized person.

Don