Question, looking for RAW editor

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by Marco, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Marco

Marco

Sep 25, 2006
    Washington D.C.
    I currently have Nikon Capture NX and Raw Shooter. Although I like the results of NX, I am too impatient with it especially if I am viewing hundreds of photos. I only use it to edit the final "final" photos. I'm just so used to RAW Shooter. Unfortunately, I missed out on the Premium version, I just so wish I could still buy it :(.

Can anyone recommend another RAW editor program? I have not tried Adobe Lightroom but will probably get it. Is AL fast enough?

*By the way, does anyone know if RSP is still available anywhere?

Thanks!

2. There is a 30 day trial of LR available for download so you can test first.

3. I'd second trying Lightroom. The "Fill Light" feature is very helpful for indoor shooting.

4. As far as I know RSP is not available, this was discontinued fairly early in the Adobe 'buy-out' - The old link I had to Raw Shooter Essentials (the free version) was available for a time, without any support, but the link no longer works - it just redirects to Adobe! (I never liked the colours from RSP)

Lightroom is extremely good but it is a lot more than just a raw converter. I have it and love it but it takes some getting used to. Download the trial and have a play...

I always loved Capture One as a standalone converter, great colours and high image quality conversions, but it's not the fasted at rendering the thumbnails, although the new version 4 due soon(ish?) will address this.

5. Marco

Marco

Sep 25, 2006
    Washington D.C.
    Thanks! I'll give AL a shot then. By they way, I just added 1GB of RAM on my computer (now have 2GB) and it makes a difference in terms of speed when using Nikon Capture NX.

6. Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2007