Question, looking for RAW editor

I currently have Nikon Capture NX and Raw Shooter. Although I like the results of NX, I am too impatient with it especially if I am viewing hundreds of photos. I only use it to edit the final "final" photos. I'm just so used to RAW Shooter. Unfortunately, I missed out on the Premium version, I just so wish I could still buy it :(.

Can anyone recommend another RAW editor program? I have not tried Adobe Lightroom but will probably get it. Is AL fast enough?

*By the way, does anyone know if RSP is still available anywhere?

Thanks!

As far as I know RSP is not available, this was discontinued fairly early in the Adobe 'buy-out' - The old link I had to Raw Shooter Essentials (the free version) was available for a time, without any support, but the link no longer works - it just redirects to Adobe! (I never liked the colours from RSP)

Lightroom is extremely good but it is a lot more than just a raw converter. I have it and love it but it takes some getting used to. Download the trial and have a play...

I always loved Capture One as a standalone converter, great colours and high image quality conversions, but it's not the fasted at rendering the thumbnails, although the new version 4 due soon(ish?) will address this.

Thanks! I'll give AL a shot then. By they way, I just added 1GB of RAM on my computer (now have 2GB) and it makes a difference in terms of speed when using Nikon Capture NX.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom