Question........need your opinion

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Keith, Aug 27, 2005.

1. My niece does allot of portrait and wedding photography, up to this
    point she has been using a Fuji S1, obviously she got her monies
    worth and all those years teaching Adobe software has come in handy ;-).

She has invested good dollars in Nikon glass and wishes to upgrade.
    D2x due to cost is not in the cards. Again majority of her work is
    portrait and weddings, which would you recommend. The Nikon D1x or
    Nikon D2h..........

I am strongly encouraging her to go to a pro body, she does allot
    of work in studio with lights, so larger buffer would
    help.................. Im thinking D1x..........

Interested in your thoughts, thank you inadvance

Let me be the first to bless this thread :wink:

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hello Keith,

In response to your question, either body will serve her needs well. I have a friend that shoots general types of photography and occassionaly shoots weddings with a D1X and he really likes what the body has to offer. If she can benefit from faster frames per second if she ever shoots sports, then a D2H should be considered. The D2H is really holding it's value right now, so I think that a D1X might be cheaper and easier to find.

3. papa85

papa85 Guest

Fugi S3

Hi Kieth,
    If as you say she shoots a lot of Portraits and Weddings I think she is better off with the New Fugi S3 It has better skin tones then either of the Nikons you mentioned and I do shoot a D2H which has good skin tones, but I would have to give the edge to the S3, :biggrin:

4. I second Tony's advice on the S3Pro. Great for shooting weddings in bright sunlight - no blown highlights. All brides want great pictures of their one-time wedding dress! LOL Fast enough for weddings and portraits. Just love mine and wouldn't trade it.

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. Keaka

Keaka

Oct 13, 2005
    Richmond BC
    The D1X has beautiful skin tones.. and works extremely well in studio or wedding situations.. not to mention the files can be interpolated up to 10mp for big prints. If I had a choice between the D1X and the D2Hs though.. all things being equal as far as price goes.. I would jump on a D2Hs.

One big bonus to having the pro bodies is not having to fiddle with the menu when you want settings changed. (ie. going from AF-S to AF-C)

7. Thanks everyone, I ended up finding a low usage (less than 500 shots) D2h and she luvs it and use her fuji as a back up............ still waiting for the ol' d2hs to come down in price ;-)