Question on D7000 Live View Manual Focus Problem

I was shooting macro today, using an old, manual focus AI-S lens on the D7000.

I was using Live View to magnify the subject to achieve precise manual focus. I'd zoom in using the buttons, adjust the lens's manual focusing ring, and hit the remote to take the shot.

Near the end of the session I may have triggered some mode I don't understand, and haven't been able to find in the manual. I'd zoom in again using the button on the back of the camera, and the LCD would show the red rectangle of where I'm zooming down to. I could use the four-way selector to move the square around to the part I wanted to focus on.

But then a yellow squarish area would show up and suddenly the LCD was looking at something else. It was very annoying because it kept moving away from where I was trying to zoom into with the red square -- suddenly the display would jump to someplace else.

I had the front focus switch turned to "M" for manual focus.

Why was the magnified LCD view jumping to another point in the frame?

Thanks!

I think you went into face recognition mode. Press the button in the middle of the AF/M switch on the front of the camera. Roll the front wheel to change modes. The indicator telling you what mode you are in is at the top of the screen.

I think you went into face recognition mode. Press the button in the middle of the AF/M switch on the front of the camera. Roll the front wheel to change modes. The indicator telling you what mode you are in is at the top of the screen.
I think you are right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom