Question on HDR using D700??

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by revoke99, Aug 13, 2008.

1. revoke99

revoke99

Jul 26, 2008
    Marina Del Rey
    Sorry for all these questions but I know how to speak canon and new to nikon. I shoot alot of HDR's and my question is when I setup the bracketing is there a way I could use the timer to auto fire all 9 shots, do I need a shutter release or do I need to setup interval timer shooting?

In canon all you have to do is setup the bracketing then set it to timer and your set it will fire all 7 shots for bracketing..

2. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    I'm anxious to see the answer here, too. There was no way to do it with the D200 - the series had to be fired manually...

3. AlanG

AlanG

May 6, 2008
    Virginia, USA
    I just set the camera to continuous AF or manual, shooting mode to CL and use an IR remote. Just hold the button in until all of your brackets are shot.

4. Steinar

Steinar

Aug 16, 2007
    Denmark
    Alan, what is this IR-remote - is it the "old" ML-3 (I think the name is) for D70 and D40 ?

5. revoke99

revoke99

Jul 26, 2008
    Marina Del Rey

Yeah I was looking to avoid using some sort of remote..And plus I don't think they make a ir remote for the d700 unless I use those ebay remotes or I could use my pocket wizards..I just don't like to carry that many items just my tripod and my camera but looks like I will need a shutter release of some sort or timer but it will take a longer time..

6. revoke99

revoke99

Jul 26, 2008
    Marina Del Rey

Yeah I was looking to avoid using some sort of remote..And plus I don't think they make a ir remote for the d700 unless I use those ebay remotes or I could use my pocket wizards..I just don't like to carry that many items just my tripod and my camera but looks like I will need a shutter release of some sort or timer interval setting but it will just take a longer time..

7. AlanG

AlanG

May 6, 2008
    Virginia, USA
  8. I am also thinking about switching to Nikon (D700) and this is one of my favorite functions of my Pentax K20D - is it impossible with the D700? What happens if you choose shooting mode CL and set it for timer and bracketing, will it only fire one shot?

9. revoke99

revoke99

Jul 26, 2008
    Marina Del Rey

Well if you set the timer it only sets off 1 shot..After reading the manual the only way to have it shoot automatically without using a remote or pressing the shutter is to use the time interval setting. It works but it just takes longer to setup. So what I did is made a short cut in my menu already setup to fire 9 shots just need to setup the timer.

10. Thank you - guess there is no such thing as a perfect camera, but D700 comes Sooo close :biggrin:
    (at least there is a workaround - could be added through firmware though)

11. revoke99

revoke99

Jul 26, 2008
    Marina Del Rey

True it would be nice if you could just use the timer..But other than that I like the camera. Just need to get use to all the settings compared to canon.

12. BarryS

BarryS

Dec 12, 2006
    Narberth, PA
    Just buy the mc30 for 50 bucks.

13. revoke99

revoke99

Jul 26, 2008
    Marina Del Rey

Yeah I know about that I was just wondering if there was a automated way to shoot hdr..I also have pocket wizards that does the samething.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.