Question on marketing for proposal photos

I live in the beautiful state of Hawaii, and i'm sure there must be about 200 proposals a day here. How would I go about marketing myself for capturing these moments for brides and grooms to be????

Real Name
Walter Rowe
You need a website or blog that is SEO (search engine optimized) to that subject, and you need to fill it with images and text showing engagements you have already captured. Then you need to look for online directories that market to engagements and weddings and get your site listed there. Direct searches and indirect hits through these directories should get you some traffic. You should also do your own searches for the kinds of photography you want to market and see what your competition is doing. You need to understand the price structure, their presentation, etc. You then need to bring something different to the game. Maybe offer to cater the engagement. Nothing makes the person proposing more confident than knowing someone else is helping to make it go just right. And who better to do that than someone who lives in the engagement/proposal destination. Learn unique locales and hook up with service providers who can help you make the occasion special for the person proposing and the person to whom they are proposing. These service providerrs can salso be your best advertisers. Their recommending you is powerful. Photography will be the part of the package you contribute yourself, as well as location planning and the other pieces someone can't do well from afar before they arrive.

Wouldn't hurt to have your cards and brochures at every motel's concierge desk (maybe 10 bucks for referral bonus?) as well. Google is nice, but I don't see any high-end motels closing that desk down.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Wouldn't hurt to have your cards and brochures at every motel's concierge desk (maybe 10 bucks for referral bonus?) as well. Google is nice, but I don't see any high-end motels closing that desk down.

Good point. Make post cards and business cards. Distribute them to the hotels. People will ask the concierge at their hotel for referrals. You want to be on their short list. Show them some of your work and tell them all the things you offer.

Also create a page for your business on Yelp and other online business directories. Add pictures showing your work.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom