Question on Pricing

I have been contacted by a firm to use an image in a 5ft x 5 ft lite display and then possibly in some advertisement.
I have no idea how to price that, but they did indicate the limit would be 10 uses.. not sure what that means.

I see this as a way to fund myself a Z6 and the 24-200 lens and XQD card, as I dont want to be greedy and figure that is around $3000.
too high?
too low?

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Back when I was shooting and pricing commercial, sounds just about right, but now, in the past 10 years with micro stock, sorry, I have no clue. Maybe others have an idea.

also, were you contacted by the actual main firm? or a Design agency working for the firm, big difference, Design company/agency will have a much tighter budget than the actual company and they will have already priced the project with a bid.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is actually a County that wants to use it for Tourism advertising

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If I can fun a Z6 and lens, I would be happy as long as they dont take advantage...

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
If I can fun a Z6 and lens, I would be happy as long as they dont take advantage...
I suggest a time frame of unlimited use, worked for me in the past. Say 1 year, unlimited use for advertising for the county at your price with no national level advertising, only allowing just local and state? Just spitballing what I had in my contracts. But counties do vary in size and scope.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom