Question on software that comes with a Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Allan, Aug 10, 2008.

1. I wrote asking for advise on laptops and have decided to get a MacBook Pro later this year when new models come out.
    I was wondering if it comes with a dvd for 10.5 that I could use to install 10.5 on a MacPro and a PPC G5. I do want to upgrade them at some point but can wait instead of buying 10.5 now.

2. I don't think it would be advisable to use the DVD that comes with the MacBook Pro to attempt to install Leopard on your other machines because the DVD is going to be specific to the MacBook Pro configuration. You really need to buy the Leopard upgrade for installation in your other machines.

3. Agree with Clix Pix--the Leopard DVD that ships with the Macbook Pro will only be able to install on a Macbook Pro. Unfortunately you will need to buy the retail copy of 10.5 for your Mac Pro and G5.

4. Thanks for the information.

5. jaysinnva

jaysinnva

Nov 1, 2007
    Virginia
    Also worth noting, you'd probably want to get the Family license (it covers up to 5 machines).

6. That's what I did and it works nicely...... that way is less expensive than buying individual upgrade discs for each machine.

7. I bought Leopard and installed it. I had some problems till I repaired permissions. Now all is fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.