1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Question re Extension viewing screen for D3

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by Bob G, Sep 3, 2008.

1. At times when doing landscape photography and trying to get down low to the ground with the camera on tripod - I find I am not as flexible as I used to be. Sometimes also the pod may be in shallow water and it's not possible to plop onto the ground and look through the eyepiece without getting very wet.

Is it possible to use a small screen such as an iphone or something similar to link by cable to the D3 to use with live view as an extension screen when composing the pic in this type of situation?

I am aware of the right angle viewers and this does not really assist as much as I'd like.
    A small laptop would be a bit cumbersome also.

Please help me with alternate solutions and suggestions.

Thank You

2. adrianaitken

adrianaitken Guest

Switch on liveview and hold a small mirror at 45 degrees to the rear LCD screen :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.