question regarding sell of D80

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MistyGreen, Jul 22, 2008.

1. MistyGreen

MistyGreen Guest

I am considering upgrading to a D300 and I would like to sell my D80, its less than a year old. I wad with 6300 actuations. I would sell it with the kit lens 18-55 non-vr. I was just wondering what you all would consider a fair price. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks :smile:

2. looks like ebay has them for between $7-800 for the 18-55 VR

3. Wolfie

Wolfie

Jun 16, 2008
    Hazel Green, AL
    umm. maybe around 5-600? look at what it costs brand new. (it's something like $800 more or less, right?). so if it's used and if it's in good condition, i.e. no bad scratches, scuffs, cracks, bad LCD screen, lens condition, or failing shutter and damaged lowpass filter / sensor... then i'd say an asking price of 600 is fair for a non VR lens. maybe 650. yeah i'd do $650.

i could be wrong though. is that the kit lans for the D80? i thought it came with the VR version of the 18-55mm lens.

4. Wolfie

Wolfie

Jun 16, 2008
    Hazel Green, AL
    yeah that seems right.

Look at the price for both those lenes, the 18-55mm VR and it's non VR counterpart. take the difference of those two and add that to the price of your body, once you determine it's value of course.

check and see how much some well known sites are selling referbs.

check here - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830113067

Newegg is selling referb bodys for 659.99. I'd do that plus add the price of your non vr lens to it (maybe discount it by maybe 10-15 bucks). if it'd were me i'd say $720-730 would be a great deal.

and you should do fine.

just my 2 cents.

5. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    I sold my D80 body a few weeks ago for $695 with about 5k on it. With the non VR lens I'd say $700-750 would be a reasonable amount for a fairly quick sale.

6. MistyGreen

MistyGreen Guest

Thanks all! You gave me some great ideas! :smile:

7. baeken

baeken

Jun 24, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    you ought to do it soon though. i've noticed the price the D80 going way down in price used (i guess a good number are wanting to upgrade too)

8. MistyGreen,

A timely post. I have recently upgraded to a D300 and was thinking about selling my D80.

If you don't mind me asking for a going price here for mine as well. If you do mind, I'll delete it.

So, how about a Mint D80 two month old body. It only has 1477 shutter actuations. Complete with everything that comes new with the camera and receipt. Plus an off brand 55-200mm lens which came with the camera also.

Thanks,

MikeT

9. MistyGreen

MistyGreen Guest

MikeT,

Of course I don't mind, go right ahead! :smile:

baeken,
    I am hoping it will be soon, I have noticed the price drop as well and I fear if they release the D90 I will be SOL on price. Now if I could just convince my husband on the urgency!!! Any ideas on that? :biggrin:

10. Hey thanks MistyGreen!

I think we have a couple more months or more before the D90 (or whatever its called) gets here. But then, there are folks holding off getting the D80 and waiting for its replacement to come out.

Thanks again,

MikeT

11. MistyGreen

MistyGreen Guest

MikeT,
    I sure hope your right on that, I am afraid that people are gonna hold off too! Not to mention I am seriously in want for he D300. How are you liking it so far? :smile:

12. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    You know, I think fair market value for a D80 is $25.. and just to be nice, I'll give you double :)

13. Well, I haven't gotten to spend much time with it yet. I just got it last week, on the day it came in, I had to work from sun up to sun down the rest of the week. I finally got to go out with it Saturday to try it out. Then, the clouds rolled in. Still I shot a few anyway. Now the heat wave has hit us with 100+ temps.

Geez, I want to go shoot some more! :frown:

MikeT

14. Deal! But be warned, the shipping and handling is gonna be a killer! :biggrin::biggrin:

MikeT

15. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    The D80 is down to $729 at B&H. I just sold my D80 body only the other day on here. I threw in with it, the D80 field guide, wired and wireless remote, card readers and 3 SD card and only got $600. The camera was 7 months old with 5100 clicks. Hope this helps.

16. Wolfie

Wolfie

Jun 16, 2008
    Hazel Green, AL
    wow. i wonder if i should start regretting my D40 purchase... what do you all think?

17. taat2d

taat2d

Sep 28, 2007
    NYC
    Dump it NOW!!!!!!!! :eek:

Just kidding

18. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    definitely not

I'll keep my D40 until it dies

FWIW to OP, I just bought a used D80 body only w/ cable release, battery, charger, blah blah blah for $575 here on the cafe classifieds

19. $1000 got me two $250ish lenses, 2 4gb cards, 2 batteries, battery grip, filters, and a memory card reader. I don't think I did too bad, but I need one more lens to complete the package. Then a bunch of other things to got with that!

20. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    If I'm reading correctly and you paid ~$500 for cards, batteries, grip etc. I'm afraid you overpaid. For what I see listed, (unless we're talking about a Cokin filter package of a few dozen filters), and provided the lenses are ~$250 each, I'd have wanted all that to be no more than $800 or so. Maybe I'm mistaken on values and someone will educate both of us.