Question regarding VR and the 70-200VR

Seems as though the VR has quit working on my 70-200Vr. I dont here the motor and dont get the normal jumping viewfinder. Has anyone else experienced this type of behavior just checking before I pack it up and send it in for service.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Chris
Yes thanks have checked them all cleaned the contacts on the lens and the camera still no VR.. I hate to do it but I think it might have to make the trip to Melville

Oh Dear Mike,

So sorry to hear that.

Didn't you have a prob also with the 1.7 TC when you were down here..??

Gale I had a problem with the 1.4 on the 300 f4 it was dirty contacts.. The tele hasnt acted up since

Just a thought: put in newly charged set of fresh batteries. I noticed that my VR had stopped and when I checked the camera, battery was on low. Just a thought but I'm sure you've already checked this.

Sorry Mike, I haven't experienced any problems with mine. Sandi mentioned about low batteries...I have heard strange stories about camera/lens oddities when batteries go low and that is why I never leave a battery in below 1/2 charge. I hope what you find askew is something simple to avoid the trip to Melville. Please keep us advised!

Thanks all will go through all you have suggested breaking out the D100 to try it on there to see if maybe it is a D2H issue, but if nothing helps it is off to Melville for some repairs

mike mac said:
Seems as though the VR has quit working on my 70-200Vr. I dont here the motor and dont get the normal jumping viewfinder. Has anyone else experienced this type of behavior just checking before I pack it up and send it in for service.
I had a similar problem just after 3 weeks using the lens (with the D100 then); AF die on me as well when VR is dead. Switching to another body some how revive the VR/AF but it came back now and then... If you're experiencing the same symptoms, sounds like the electronics of the lens needs to be re-wired (i.e. sending in for service) ... hopefully I'm wrong.

M

marc

if your battery is runing low, this will affect vr and af

i was shooting on sat. and battery was getting low.
i could see af and vr starting to act up.
just not enough power to make the servo's do there thing

it pays to keep battery charged or carry a spare.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom