Question time.....

OK I think I am overloading myself with research on m4/3 cameras. The experiment of a D3100 for the wife did not pan out, so I am leaning toward getting a mirrorless, she likes the size and I would like to use too, so not too basic :smile:

I have narrowed it down to a few models,

Panasonic GF-2
Panasonic GX-1
Olympus EL-P3
Olympus EL-PM2 - used one I had lined up fell through, so this is currently a bit over budget ($250)

This will mainly be used for photos of the kids, street festivals and other family outings.

Any advice if I am heading down the right path.....

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have GX-1 and without some menu diving to change the default JPG settings, the out of camera (OOC) JPGs don't look nearly as good as the Olympus ones. I would be surprised if the GF-2 was any better. The E-PM2 has a new, better sensor than the E-PL3 and would be my choice for a small, easy to use camera.

OK I think I am overloading myself with research on m4/3 cameras. The experiment of a D3100 for the wife did not pan out, so I am leaning toward getting a mirrorless, she likes the size and I would like to use too, so not too basic :smile:

I have narrowed it down to a few models,

Panasonic GF-2
Panasonic GX-1
Olympus EL-P3
Olympus EL-PM2 - used one I had lined up fell through, so this is currently a bit over budget ($250)

This will mainly be used for photos of the kids, street festivals and other family outings.

Any advice if I am heading down the right path.....

Thanks in advance.

Is your budget $250?

There abouts, since for the time being I will still be using my dslr.

If budget was not a concern, the olympus pl5 would be a front runner, or panasonic g5.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom