Question: What should we call our abstract images?

Fortunately for artists / photographers, when I view an image I don't spend a lot of time reflecting on how it was created, nor implementing a hard-core definition. I look, admire, decide if I like the image or not, and sometimes why I like it, and move on.... :) That said, especially when I want to learn how to do something, I appreciate it when others do describe how they created a particular image, the strategy and tools employed.

I look, admire, decide if I like the image or not, and sometimes why I like it, and move on.... :) That said, especially when I want to learn how to do something, I appreciate it when others do describe how they created a particular image, the strategy and tools employed.
Exactly the same for me. This discussion proves yet again for me that labels are almost always unhelpful and unnecessary. Gary is likely in one of the few situations when a label is at least required if not helpful.

I do need to put it in a category, but I think I will just define it as the medium. The medium is photography.
When did it get so difficult? The lines between all the art forms are blurring.
I hope my question, and I know your answers, have made us all at least think about this in a different way.
This is a great place to share.
Thanks all
Gary

Just call it abstract.
I find today's subject repetition monotonous and bordering on boring. Anytime one can deviate from the norm is a good thing in my books. Never be afraid to push the boundaries.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom