Question??

I have come across some old photo albums and wanting to scan some of the photos,but the problem is that the pics are stuck to the album pages.Any ideas on how to get them loose? The pics are from the 40s and 50s.
Ty
Mark

B

Bill N

No real advice other than maybe scan them from the page before trying to separate just in case damage occurs. Good luck, I will be interested in what others have to post here!

The pictures themselves are printed on fairly thick type of paper and look to be 3x3 in size.I wonder if a hairdryer with a lil heat would release them.

B

Bill N

That is where I would start. Differing mild temps. Just don't be in a hurry, that is always when I seem to mess things up!

I would scan them on the page. Many scanners today will allow you to scan one sheet, but cut out the individual files easily enough. Is there a reason you have to have them off?

Is the album one of those with the clear acetate covering for the pages? Or is it old style with papaer? Actually for both it is the same but one is easier to do. I have used a very thin paint scraper, a brand new one to be exact. What I do is find an edge that is loose and gently work from there, running along the edge, grip that edge and keep just enough pressure to aid in the scraping. I did this a couple of years ago for my aunt when she found one of my grandparents old albums, they glued them to the paper, it was a pain but I got them off.

Dennis thank you I will try that.The album is the type that had the adhesive on it.And has the clear acetate cover.

Why not take close-up macro shots of the photos still in the album pages? Just lift the acetate plastic out of the way if there is one. You would prevent any damage to the original photos and keep the album intact. Shoot in natural light for optimum results.

I had that same issues and on the pages that I had photo's that would not lift off easily, I scanned the whole page.

Why not take close-up macro shots of the photos still in the album pages? Just lift the acetate plastic out of the way if there is one. You would prevent any damage to the original photos and keep the album intact. Shoot in natural light for optimum results.
I'd try this - think of how good your camera really is!!:wink:

This is what I do. Good macro lens, tripod, and shoot away. Crop to the dimensions of the photo in PP.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom