Questions regarding 5:4 image setting

Is the image setting of 5:4 a happy medium between DX and FX with regards to getting some additional "reach" and resolution (i.e., approx. 10 mp vs the 5 mp with DX and 12 mp with FX)? What is the cameras maximum shooting fps at this setting?

Is the idea of using the 5:4 setting as an automatic crop if you are targeting an 8X10 print size?

What are the some of the main reasons that someone would use this feature?

Lisa

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Is the image setting of 5:4 a happy medium between DX and FX with regards to getting some additional "reach" and resolution (i.e., approx. 10 mp vs the 5 mp with DX and 12 mp with FX)? What is the cameras maximum shooting fps at this setting?
Is the idea of using the 5:4 setting as an automatic crop if you are targeting an 8X10 print size?
What are the some of the main reasons that someone would use this feature?
Lisa

It will shoot 9 fps at this setting too. I use it when shooting at events like concerts, etc. makes for fast editing and less time when going straight from raw to JPG for fast prints.

If I shot a lot of weddings I would use this feature a lot too.

I use the 5:4 setting at racing events because the target sales are 8x10, I frame tightly, and it's just easier to ensure I frame the shot correctly and don't clip the subject in final edit. Frame rate is close to the same and there's not enough volume difference shooting RAW on the 8GB card to really notice.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom