1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Questions

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by Phillip Ino, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    1. I have set my D700 to rotate the images on the lcd screen when I shoot in portrait orientation. Although, it doesn't rotate it after the shot is taken. I have to go in and view the image again by pressing the play button, and then the image is rotated. Is this something the D700 does not offer or am I not setting it right?

2. I have no issues opening the NEF files in NX2, but once I save the NEF file from NX2 and try to open them up in CS3, it is not possible. Is there something I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks for any help.

2. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Bump:tongue: lol

3. azarby

azarby

Sep 17, 2006
    Phoenix, Az
    I just received my D700 yesterday and noticed the same thing happening. It looks like it may eventually need a firmware fix.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2008
  4. Mine is the same.....I thought I had a setting wrong or something...

5. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Hmm I'm surprised no one has commented on this before. What about the isue with NX2/PS....do you use NX2?

6. I'm trying to like NX2...but I use PS more. It flips them properly there.

7. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Do you have to convert them to dng files or does PS take the NEFs as is? Sorry for all the questions!:redface:

8. PSCS2 takes them as is once you download the ACR raw update.

9. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thank you, Dear :biggrin:.

P.S. Love the new avatar. Has to be the best one! (so far) . Mm

10. It'll change again....LOL!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.