Quick fix (focus point)

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by woundedmallard, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Hey Everybirdy,

D200 working awesome. One wierd thing, and I know it's definitely just something I'm missing. In the focus matrix, I was initially able to move the single focus point around. Something I've done has now prevented this from happening and I can't seem to free it up. I'ts now permanently fixed to the center.
    I'm shooting manual, if that makes a difference (I don't think). Don't recall changing any setting that should offset this preference. Thanks for your help.

2. Do you have the controller pad that selects focus points in the lock (L) position?

3. That was my first guess too but then the menu's would not be useable either...

4. Thanks guys!! :biggrin: :confused: :rolleyes: Maybe I should sell my D200 and get another Coolpix?? lol Oy! Talk about a brain freeze!

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    We all do it one time or another
    I could not think of the name of the control, so I did not answer...talk about duh. I sure know what it is though.

6. What do you have selected on the AF mode switch? If its either of the top two options (the large solid square or the hollow diamond pattern) I don't think you're going to be able to select which individual AF sensor to use.

7. enguyen7292

enguyen7292 Guest

Even witht the AF selector locked, the touchpad should still work in menu or review mode.