Quick Help PLEASE :)

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by dakinetx, Jul 8, 2008.

1. OK,
    just finished a "test" shoot for a magazine position.
    Had very little directive (shot model before) but was asked to basically "have at it". Really they wanna go through "their process" and not take my work before etc.

Anyway, shot about 500 images.
    Now, they (although said little thus far) want them sent to "proof" and see which ones they want processed for use.

I shoot in RAW and download using LIGHTROOM.

Usually I do 1 image at a time and export to CS3 if needing much PP.

What is the best/easiest way to "batch" these images for easy 'net transmittal to the magazine in NY?

They said they have used Yahoo Messenger alot to do the transmittal. So basically I need to know how to get them small images (with enough content to "proof") so they can tell me which they want PP'ing at 300 ppi.

Not done this before but am sure LR or CS3 can do it. Whats best way (whilst maintaining orig. files to work with) to do this?

Thanks so much in advance,
    Nick

2. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    you can export the images using lr in fact pretty easy to do and even what ppi they should be, what you need to know how big they want them and in what color space lr on export can do all this.
    Hope this helps

3. DJVCuda

DJVCuda

Jun 13, 2008
    Atco, NJ
    500 images? I send CD's at that point to my publication.

4. Make sure you put a big copyright in all the images so you cannot be ripped off

5. Use the image processor in CS3 to produce small jpgs....then email to them or burn to CD and mail :smile::smile:

6. In the Lightroom Library Mode, select all the pictures you want to send.
    Then File>Export set the parameters for size and place and press return.
    You have the option of burning directly to a CD but I've never used it.

I would bundle these all into a password-protected ZIP file and then send them the zip on a CD or by FTP.
    I would send the passwerd separately with a note stating what the conditions are for use.

7. OK,
    have more info. but due to tiredness/stress this is still kicking my *** :(

I need to process X amount of files (say 20) for "proof".
    I PP them as usual/needed then need to save as;

8.5 x 11 inch jpeg at 300ppi (to send over net to magazine for proofing).

Easy help PLEASE :)

8. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Totally agree...do this for next day delivery. Save images (low-res), and be sure and put your copyright watermark on them.

9. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    You can create an action to put your watermark on the images...that will make it go faster.

10. all great tips thanks!
    However, they are NOT eing to forthcoming thus far and seem to want FTP of about 12 images to proof.

What am doing is this;

Download to LR.
    Open in CS3 and PP.
    Save (goes back to LR as modified file, TIFF).
    Export in LR. This allows file dimensions and size.

However, when right clicking the saved file the dimensions seem to be different than that inputed to save. I.E. need to save at 11" by 8.5" and saved file appears to be bigger (although the 300ppi is correct) hmmm.