Quick, I need some 14-24mm inspiration.

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Vernon t, Jul 13, 2008.

1. After whining about size, cost and the un-filterable nature I finally caved and bought a 14-24.
    I'll quit whining so as to not give credence to Phil Graham's comment.

I'm going to Colorado hiking next week so I'll have to fit it into the backpack for sure.
    So many owners sing the 14-24 song of praise.

Show me/us some inspirational shots.

Here she is in all her 36 hour-old wide-eyed glory.

100073195.jpg

2. NPA2008

NPA2008

Apr 15, 2008
    USA
    Inspiration? You're in San Antonio. Leave home with the 14-24 so that you'll always remember The Alamo. :smile:

http://www.thealamo.org/main.html

What did you use to take that shot? It looks like you bought a backup copy of the 14-24.

3. Great for flowers in Brenham, TX. May even work in Colorado! :biggrin:

BrenhamMorningGlory_1515.jpg

4. Lovely gonzo.

The very heavy snow pack and prolonged thaw has left Gunnison County with a lot of flowers, particularly at altitude. We'll hike at 9-11,000 feet.

Should be nice.

5. A dearth of inspiration.

I guess all the 14-24 owners are out shooting rather than here!

6. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    haven't processed the recent shots,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    This is definitely the next lens I am lusting after. Either this or the 24-70. But these shots are not helping one bit.

Great shots Wade and Nick.

Vernon, that shot of the lens is sick! I really like it haha

8. After picking up an almost new D2X back in April, I knew I needed a wider lens. I have a 20-35mm f/2.8 Nikon wide angle zoom but it's only 30mm at it's widest on the D2X. So I went out looking for a wider angle zoom and ended up purchasing the 14-24mm. I've only been able to do a few test shots around my yard just to get a feel for it. However, tomorrow, I'm off to a garden conference at American University in Washington, DC and intend to fill up a 4G card or two with images from the University's extensive gardens.

The images posted above in this thread are certainly outstanding and demonstrate what this lens is capable of producing.

mike