Quick Question - Raw Viewer

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Kidkrazy, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Kidkrazy

Kidkrazy

Sep 7, 2008
    Dulles, VA
    Ive looked in the past 11 pages and cant find anything so far but is there another free RAW viewer out there besides Bridge for mac? I love bridge as I use it at school and at home with Jpegs but for some reason I always get just the raw thumbnail piece of paper thing no image whatsoever, I looked on there website and followed there directions with the Cache deal but that didnt work...Any help would be appreciated as I have alot files to go over and edit for a deadline and cant afford to sit here and open each and every one...Thank you.

Bryan

2. I didn't have to pay for Nikon ViewNX. I think you can get it for free here, but you may have to register a Nikon camera first.

3. Kidkrazy

Kidkrazy

Sep 7, 2008
    Dulles, VA
    Thank you very much Jim, I appreciate it...I wonder why that didnt show up in the search...I should have went to Nikon's site all along...Thanks again!

4. LRogers

LRogers

Sep 3, 2008
    Delaware, US
    Were you searching for RAW or for NEF or both?

5. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    What Dslr and what version of Bridge you using
    Bridge cs2 can only upgrade to Acr 3.7
    Bridge Cs3 upgrade to Acr 4.5
    Bridge cs3 should be able to show the Raw files

6. Kidkrazy

Kidkrazy

Sep 7, 2008
    Dulles, VA
    Nikon D60 and Bridge CS3

Not quite sure I understand the question but, I wasnt searching for anything, I had the folder open with my images its just it wouldnt let me see the image just an image (raw) icon.

7. LRogers

LRogers

Sep 3, 2008
    Delaware, US
    I was referring to why ViewNX might not have shown up in your search. If you search for RAW viewers, I don't think ViewNX turns up readily. When you search for NEF Viewers it appears in the search engines....No experience with Bridge here sorry....

8. oddstray

oddstray

Jul 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Um, "dcraw". But ... it's a geek tool. As you're working against a deadline, you might want to hunt down a geek to help you use it,

(It's the basis of many of the low-dollar-cost raw image processing tools that are widely used on both Mac and Windows ... )

9. Kidkrazy

Kidkrazy

Sep 7, 2008
    Dulles, VA
    ^
    Ill check it out.

OHHHHH gotcha I understand now but I was searching for Raw maybe I should have tried NEF...I thought you were talking about in Bridge LOL...