Quick question regarding the Self-cleaning sensor unit on nikon D700

Hello.

I have a quick question regarding the self-cleaning sensor unit on nikon D700.

On my old D300 there was a distinct "zzzzhiiiiiitthh" sound when the self-cleaning sensor unit was activated. On my D700 there is no sound at all. What are your your guys experience with this on the D700 ?

I'm not paranoid, but will have it fixed if it is something that is not correct :Smoking:

On my D700 there is no sound at all. What are your your guys experience with this on the D700 ?

I definitely hear a high pitched sound but some don't hear it because it most certainly is out of their frequency hearing range. Which isn't to say that it doesn't work of course. :wink:

I couldn't hear it either but when I use that function anywhere near my dod, he barks like crazy

I have not heard it on my D700, but the dust did go away.

That's been my experience with my D700. When I first got it I thought I would have to return it to Nikon under warranty, but I kept noticing the dust had magically disappeared. Now I don't worry at all about not hearing any noise while cleaning. I've only had to manually clean the sensor about 4 times in 2 years and I change lenses alot.

I can't hear it on my D700 either. I assume it either vibrates so little, that it doesn't create much noise, or the noise created is to far out of the range of sounds humans can hear.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom