Quick questions - leaving for Europe Friday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Candidcameraman, Jul 28, 2007.

1. 2 weeks vacation, would you get more memory - like an extra 4 gigs (I already have 16 gigs in CF cards and will bring a laptop) so... a 4 gig card or would you get a 50/1.8? Either or ... Not both.

And what about x-ray machines, last time I took a plane was in 2001, and I had yet to go digital.

I am bringing a 17-55/2.8 and the 85/1.4 + the D2Hs and an SB-600

I will be in the south of France for a few days and then in Spain before ending my trip in Paris for the last few days.

2. bett

bett

Mar 31, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Get the memory.
    You can borrow my 50.

3. It depends on how much you're going to shoot in a day but it sounds like you have plenty of memory, especially with the D2Hs. When I was in Italy a few months ago, I shot all day with the D200,17-55 and 70-200, returned to my hotel around 5pm, downloaded to my laptop and then shot in the evening with just a 30/1.4. 10gb of CF was more than enough for me shooting RAW.

x-rays should have no effect on your equipment as far as I know. One more thing to love about digital.:biggrin:

I'm going to the south of France in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to see your pics. Have a great time.