Quick release for camera/flash bracket

I currently use a Stroboframe Pro-T flash bracket with my D700 bodies. I'm looking for a system that will allow quick attachment/release of the body from this bracket. I'm guessing that some variation on the Arca-Swiss plate/clamp system would work, but was hoping somebody here had already gone down this road and could offer some suggestions.

I mounted a Kirk Arca-Swiss clamp to my Stroboframe Press-T.

Stroboframe-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Stroboframe-2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I used two set screws to keep the clamp from twisting.

That said, I now use the Really Right Stuff Portrait Perfect bracket.

Luke, that method might work for me. The RRS potrait perfect system would probably work, but it doesn't look like it gets the flash very far above the camera. Has that been an issue for you?

Michel, unfortunately that RRS bracket puts the flash ( in portrait mode) on the wrong side of the camera for me.

Real Name
Mike
Michel, unfortunately that RRS bracket puts the flash ( in portrait mode) on the wrong side of the camera for me.
I have the RRS WPF-QR, which similar to Michel's but without the adjustable bracket. One image missing in the RRS site for the QR2 is the one showing the camera in portrait mode. The QR, and I assume the QR2, bracket allows the flash to move above the camera in either mode.

What I like most about this bracket is it folds nearly flat so I can store it in a side pocket of my camera bag. I had doubts that it would be sturdy with all of the pivoting points, but after a year of use, it is still working well and I rarely use my flash without the QR bracket.

Luke, that method might work for me. The RRS potrait perfect system would probably work, but it doesn't look like it gets the flash very far above the camera. Has that been an issue for you?

Most of the time I am bouncing the flash so the height is not a problem. On the occasions when direct flash is needed I use a Lumiquest Pocket Bouncer difuser, which effectively raises the light source something like 5".

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom