Quick shot at lunch last week...

Discussion in 'People' started by Jetta32696, Jul 14, 2008.

1. It's been ages since I've shot anything worth posting, but I got luck about a week ago with a shot of a visiting student who is here for the summer. I may have managed to get a few more shots, but have only looked at/processed this one.

D2hs and 85 1.4 if I remember correctly. Comments always welcome. Here's Melissa...

325219674_Y9DLS-L.

2. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    nice pose, but the right side of her face is showing up a little green on my computer.

3. That's highly possible...we were underneath a tree and it was probably about 3 feet away from her cheek... Thanks, I can't see that on my uncalibrated work monitor.

4. Debbie H

Debbie H

Aug 23, 2007
    Missouri
    Nice Keith!! Pretty girl!!!

5. Well Hi Melissa! Oh... what's up Keith. :biggrin:

I can see the green also, it more than likely is coming from the tree. Very pretty girl, and I like the way you framed it. That's something I still struggle with.

6. Thanks Roy...me too. I'm trying to change up my compositions a little. I've learned that it's okay to chop a head off - but only if it's done on purpose. :biggrin: Melissa's got such a great smile and eyes, I really wanted that to show.

7. Great Capture Keith

Wayne

8. Nice photo, she's pretty. Even with the green.

9. Thanks Wayne!

I appreciate the comments Charles!

Had to add two more shots of Melissa...

332054214_2WFhb-XL.

332053440_niTpH-XL.

10. BarkisPhoto

BarkisPhoto

Jul 20, 2007
    New England
    Hi, Keith -- nice work! I particularly like the second portrait. Always enjoy seeing what you are shooting ...

Best Regards,

11. Hi Keith,
    It seems as if Melissa is not camera shy. Great captures.

12. Thanks John. I was just trying something different. I've been leaving the flash at home since I've gotten really familiar with it and it's my preferred way to shoot, but I'm trying to broaden my horizons a bit when time permits.

13. Thank you Arcinio! We hadn't even met yet when I took the first 2nd and 3rd shot (posted) - the first shot in this thread was the last one I took of her. Notice how she's closer and closer... :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.