Quick Visit - Dungeness Washington Coastline

Real Name
Ken St John
My wife and I joined some friends who were camping in a park near Dungeness*, Washington. Which is west of Sequim, and east of Port Angeles (Washington's Olympic peninsula ... Canada is just a few miles away across the Straight of Juan de Fuca). It was a sunny day and we spent most of our time eating ... but we did get out for a little hike to some areas that overlook the ocean.

Looking to the west (Port Angeles area) with the Olympic Mountains in the distance.
Dungeness Park-13.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looking out to the north and east ... that land out in the distance in Vancouver Island, Canada.
Dungeness Park-19.jpg

A spit of land heading to the east.
Dungeness Park-85.jpg

Dungeness Park-106.jpg

Getting there took us through a very thick forested area. At this time of year, there were lots of ferns and other plants showing their spring growth.
Dungeness Park-63.jpg

Dungeness Park-114.jpg

Dungeness Park-65.jpg

Our neighbors dog, Biscuit, was along for the outing.
Dungeness Park-46.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Ken

*And, yes, this area is home to THE famous Dungeness crabs!! In fact, on our way home we stopped at a little family store that offers fresh seafood caught by members of the family. My wife picked up two fresh whole Dungeness crabs and brought them home for dinner. She tells me that this was the first time she's had fresh, never frozen, crabs and they were unbelievably good. (FWIW - I'm not a fan of seafood so I had a carne asada burrito ... which I also enjoyed!!) The shop's only open Fri-Sun as the family is out gathering crabs, clams, and oysters Mon-Thur. My wife asked me to take her back on a Friday or Saturday when they have more of a selection as she loves fresh seafood!! Roger, wilco!!

I was there Sunday.. that is one LONG hike to the lighthouse.
Grabbed a few Eagle shots on the way out.
JV Eagle Dungeneous  (1 of 1).jpg

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom