Quicken Mac 2007 (Now Lion Compatible)

2007? I'm using 2012 on my PC.

FYI: Our total reliance on Quicken for all our finances is what is keeping me from going 100% OS X.

2007? I'm using 2012 on my PC.

FYI: Our total reliance on Quicken for all our finances is what is keeping me from going 100% OS X.

It's what has kept me from upgrading the general-purpose iMac to Lion. There are people who run Windows under a VM on OS X (or via Boot Camp) solely so they can run the Windows version of Quicken. As far as I am aware, the Mac version has never achieved feature parity with the Windows version, and the differences seem to be greater than ever.

I would love to dump Quicken entirely, but am afraid we are in too deep at this point.

And the great joy, there is no Canadian version.:rolleyes: Not a big deal if you're in the US, but if it won't work with your bank, you're forced to keep running Windows in a VM (which requires an upgrade when you move to Lion...)

Real Name
Doug
I, too, was stuck in Quicken jail. I needed the features of the later PC versions, especially invoicing. After I retired, I continued to use Quicken to keep track of a couple of rental properties. However, I finally got so disgusted with the whole mess that I set up an Excel spreadsheet (workbook) and created individual worksheets to track expenses and calculate depreciation. A bit of work but not exactly rocket science. With this tax year, I will be Quicken-free. The single remaining application that I must run in a Windows VM is a genealogy app that examines my Family Tree Maker data and then does an intelligent "troll" of the various sites that maintain genealogy data.

Latest threads

Top Bottom