Quickie to Chicago

I had another short business trip to Chicago this week, with a little time for myself :smile:.

Only brought my little Sony P&S with me (Cybershot T-7). One of these days, when I will have a bit more time, I must bring my D2x with a few lenses with me - I would love to spend a day shooting around the Loop and the Golden Mile.

The Crown fountain in Millennium Park, with beautiful Michigan Avenue in the background:

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Also in Millennium Park, the Bean leaves nobody indifferent. A fun place to hang out and watch people interact with it:

View attachment 186742

Lincoln takes it all in stride:

View attachment 186743

The hustle and bustle in front of a Chicago hotel:

View attachment 186744

My favorite place in the Loop for a simple but outstanding day's end beer & dinner: Miller's Pub (only a few feet away from Central Camera - an old fashioned place with a thousand and one surprises. A dying breed...)

View attachment 186745

This is my favorite part of any trip: heading back home:

View attachment 186746

Very enjoyable. I used to travel to Chicago quite often. Lake Shore Drive is beautiful and the food is fantastic. Love that city!!

Ugh....you have no idea how upset I am not to able to meet up with you for a while. Sometimes my career really gets in the way. :redface:

nice images Frits- I try to take the train down a few times a year and just walk around / take the trolley / navy pier / millennium park / some pizza at ginos - then head home. Great city with so much to see. A person could fill up a card on the signs alone.

Wish I Would have know when you were to be here...I was OOT all week, but maybe next time.

The Golden Mile is know as the Magnificent Mile.

It's a little of both if you ask me. :)

My kind of town Chicago is...
I am always talking up the sights and Central Camera (how many shops do you know that have been selling photo equipment in 3 centuries...opened in 1898). The Millenium Park complex is a great place to start a tour since it expresses the philosophy of Chicago "Make no little plans for they lack the power to stir mans soul" (yeah that's pretty mangled but ya get the idea).
The city has so much that is noteworthy from fixed sights like Millenium Park and the Picasso to the events like shutting auto traffic off Lake Shore Drive for a Sunday morning bike ride...Hollywood to the Museum of Science and Industry...over 14miles one way). The summers filled with street fairs that bring in music from around the world and the restaurants fill ya up with delacasies of all varieties.
Gee whiz I can talk up a storm on the city and if ya do manage to slide into town feel free to ask and if I can I'll help fill yer dance card with stuff ta do and see.

Ugh....you have no idea how upset I am not to able to meet up with you for a while. Sometimes my career really gets in the way. :redface:

Good thing you two get to meet up in a few weeks in Huntsville! I am looking forward to seeing you both.

Yep, I will see y'all again in a few weeks and look forward to it!

Wish I Would have know when you were to be here...I was OOT all week, but maybe next time.

The Golden Mile is know as the Magnificent Mile.

It's a little of both if you ask me. :)

Ahhh, thanks for the correction (Magnificent vs. Golden), I was a bit too quick writing that. Maybe we can catch up one of my next times, that would be very nice!

Latest threads

Top Bottom