Quiet Thoughts

I had a family shoot, but this was just an unposed shot. I saw her, and snapped photo. Been trying different BW looks. Thoughts/suggestions...welcomed.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Andy
Wonderful moment captured. I like your B&W treatment very much.

If you were to go a step further, perhaps it would be worthwhile to use the blurring tool to make footprints in the sand a bit less distinct.

Thanks so much for the kind words. I haven't been doing BW processing in awhile...just getting started. Very inspired by images I see posted here.

Wonderful moment captured. I like your B&W treatment very much.

If you were to go a step further, perhaps it would be worthwhile to use the blurring tool to make footprints in the sand a bit less distinct.
Thank you for the suggestion. I'm going to try that. It was shot in raw, so plenty too work with. I was concerned it might look "too digital" tried to tone it down. Again, suggestions are very appreciated.

I haven't been doing BW processing in awhile
We sure wouldn't know that based on this photo. Well done!

The girl might have gotten a bit of dirt on her face, which would not be a surprise for a girl of that age. Alternatively, the filter color you used to convert to monochrome (if you indeed converted rather than desaturated) may have created that look. The typical filter color for Caucasian skin tones is a shade of green. However, it can make imperfections in the complexion stand out. Perhaps using a slightly different shade of green or adjusting the intensity of the filter would clean up her face a bit. On the other hand, if she really did have some dirt on her face, that could be an enjoyable memory to preserve.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Is she going to Woodstock? :):):)

One of the best pictures I've seen in the last time.

Thank you for showing
Klaus

We sure wouldn't know that based on this photo. Well done!

The girl might have gotten a bit of dirt on her face, which would not be a surprise for a girl of that age. Alternatively, the filter color you used to convert to monochrome (if you indeed converted rather than desaturated) may have created that look. The typical filter color for Caucasian skin tones is a shade of green. However, it can make imperfections in the complexion stand out. Perhaps using a slightly different shade of green or adjusting the intensity of the filter would clean up her face a bit. On the other hand, if she really did have some dirt on her face, that could be an enjoyable memory to preserve.
Mike, thanks for the kind words. I appreciate the processing tips also. I did convert to monochrome, using Nik Silver Effects software. (It's pretty good stuff...I very much a newbie with it, but I like it)
I will work with image some more. Then again, she really could just have dirt on her face. :)

Jeff...you did what they told us back in the Stone Ages...F/8, and BE THERE! Used to be before all the Electronic Wizardry that we used either a light yellow or yellow-green filter to enhance skin tones. I don't know if your editing program can make that fine a distinction, but good luck to you! I look forward to seeing more of your work. :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom