Quiet Thoughts

Jeff...you did what they told us back in the Stone Ages...F/8, and BE THERE! Used to be before all the Electronic Wizardry that we used either a light yellow or yellow-green filter to enhance skin tones. I don't know if your editing program can make that fine a distinction, but good luck to you! I look forward to seeing more of your work. :)
Yes, I do remember what they told us back in the Stone Ages... F/8 and BE THERE...I remember that well. The editing program does have yellow and green filters, not sure about the combination, but I"ll check it out.

The editing program does have yellow and green filters, not sure about the combination, but I"ll check it out.
You're using Silver Efex Pro (that info is for the benefit of others). Its Color Filter panel provides two methods of choosing the color of your filter: You can select any of the six colors displayed as dots. Alternatively, you can click the Details dropdown menu to display two sliders -- Hue and Strength. The Hue slider provides your choice of filters for every color that is in the spectrum visible to humans. The other slider impacts the intensity for which the color filter selected using the Hue slider is applied.

I always use the two sliders rather than the dots because they give me maximum flexibility. First, I move the Strength slider to about 100. (If I leave it in the default position on the far left, I see no change when using the Hue slider.) Second, I move the Hue slider to produce a look that is close to what I want. Third, I fine tune the Strength slider to get the exact look I want.

Last edited:
You're using Silver Efex Pro (that info is for the benefit of others). Its Color Filter panel provides two methods of choosing the color of your filter: You can select any of the six colors displayed as dots. Alternatively, you can click the Details dropdown menu to display two sliders -- Hue and Strength. The Hue slider provides your choice of filters for every color that is in the spectrum visible to humans. The other slider impacts the intensity for which the color filter selected using the Hue slider is applied.

I always use the two sliders rather than the dots because they give me maximum flexibility. First, I move the Strength slider to about 100. (If I leave it in the default position on the far left, I see no change when using the Hue slider.) Second, I move the Hue slider to produce a look that is close to what I want. Third, I fine tune the Strength slider to get the exact look I want.
Thank you Mike...
I've not been able to visit site in last week. (work/family obligations). Not ignoring your post. Thank you, very much appreciated.

Simply a superb image! And I like your processing very, very much!
Thanks so much for the kind words. Without trying to sound like I'm trying to flatter, the images posted..especially in this section are impressive. I'm just getting back into shooting, and especially in BW. I enjoy this section so much. Thanks for letting me post here, and for the encouraging comments. I want to keep working, learning, improving.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom