Quirky Self Portrait

Discussion in 'People' started by Chris101, May 4, 2005.

1. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    [​IMG]

I stood in front of the bathroom mirror, and wiped it partly dry, leaving steam on other parts. I held the camera against my chest and stared into the lens.

Then I got busy with CS2's ACR 3 to convert and curve. I'm getting the hang of using that Bridge program in conjunction with ACR - Gregory (gho) is right, this version is more powerful than the previous PSCS. When I discovered the ability to edit (with live preview) multiple Raw files at once - wow.

I also played with the relative brightness of the eyes and applied selective blur and sharpening. Although I do intend for this photo to look odd, your comments and critiques are welcome.

2. Kind of a half lensbaby effect.

Reminds me I haven't broken out the lensbaby for a few months. Time to take some fuzzy photos...

I like the high keyness of it too.

Not sure if you look grumpy or what. ;)

3. Dirtyharry71

Dirtyharry71 Guest

You have put your D100 too much on 'that' side of your face LOL

just kidding ;-)

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    fwiw, I think I prefer the steamy side ;c)

Cool idea Chris, interesting effect, and it's refreshing to see your "smiling face in the flesh, as it were. Kidding about preferring the steamy side ;) Like your new avatar!

5. Thanks for the new avatar, Chris! The old one distracted me from what I was trying to read, and made me a little dizzy :shock:.

But it also made you look a bit younger :wink:.

6. Chris your a crack up with your photography. I always look forward to what you are going to come up with next. You definitely have a good side when having your picture is taken, it will remain my secret as to which side is which. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. WHOA!! I got the dreaded red x first and all of the sudden I saw this huge picture of a face pop on my screen......WHOA!!! :D :D :D :D

8. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks guys - hey, I try. ;)

Beez, yes I am generally thought of as grumpy. Except for around here that is ;)

Jimmy, ya know, it's a big heavy camera. You gotta expect stuff like that to happen.

Thanks Steve. Actually I thought my avatar looked a little bit like your first one .... :|

Which one made me look younger Frank? The spinning head one is from 1995, so I'll guess that one. Thanks.

Thanks Gordon. I'll try to keep them coming! ;)

Bryan, it wasn't much better than the red x was it? :D

9. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Chris

I like it,question how does it look in B/W?

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Less colorful but more dramatic?

[​IMG]

11. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    B/W does it for me,I think the way you've captured yourself isn't meant to be color-full,B/W raises questions by the viewer I like that

Thanks for posting

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks hans, I've been consciously avoiding black and white lately to try and develop the color parts of my brain to overcome deuteranopy. ;) Well, to work on my color portrait style anyway. Thanks for the encouragement, I feel more comfortable with black and white than I do with color anyway.