Not sure who this guy is, but a great quote:

"It takes a lot of imagination to be a good photographer. You need less imagination to be a painter because you can invent things. But in photography everything is so ordinary; it takes a lot of looking before you learn to see the extraordinary."

-David Bailey

I like it, Dawg.

It gets to the heart of the matter for me. It's so easy to not see what's going on.

Tom

Real Name
Chris
PhotoDawg said:
Not sure who this guy is, but a great quote:

"It takes a lot of imagination to be a good photographer. You need less imagination to be a painter because you can invent things. But in photography everything is so ordinary; it takes a lot of looking before you learn to see the extraordinary."

-David Bailey
Hey Bryan, As a painter, I'm takin' a bit of umbrage here. My paintings (which, admittedly are no more widely accepted than my photography) take every bit as much creativity as do my photographs, it's just different. The quote comparing photography to painting that I retained is that 'painting is the art of inclusion, while photography is the art of exclusion.'*

I think about this every time I push the button.

* I don't know who said this. Sorry. I read it on DPR.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom