R1800 First Big Print

Discussion in 'Printers, Monitors, and Color Management' started by Minuteman3, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Just tried my first big print (11x17) on the refurb Epson R1800 I bought last month. The only large format paper in relatively small quantities I could find in a store was Kodak Gloss.

I am very impressed with the results. I deliberately chose a somewhat mediocre picture (a red XK from a car show with a lot of dark areas on the bottom and white, almost blown, sky.) In other words, just about everything WRONG I could find!!

The resulting image is really quite nice. The colors look nice and it's clear enough to see the gloss and reflections on the hood.

I look forward to trying a nice one soon!! :smile:

Cheers!!

Ken